We are officially in private beta in just a few short weeks! As a result, I have had precious little time to contribute to this blog. As a counter-balance, I thought I’d share some of my recent tweets:
- To stay relevant, schools need to keep pace with the rapid changes introduced by Digital Media http://tinyurl.com/65c4c4 MacArthur 3yr Study
- Banning fast food ads from youth TV programs could result in 18% less of overweight children in the U.S. http://tinyurl.com/5dpj76
- 25 young social entrepreneurs around the globe receive grants $300,000+ http://tinyurl.com/5uuukk from Starbucks Foundation
- Spell it correctly and raise money for your school! http://tinyurl.com/6jwvxf Gr8 challenge for kids grades 3-thru-8. Deadline 12/19!
- No surprise to see the humanization of brands because people love brands that show more of a human side.
- 87% of online community are participating in social causes that are new to them http://tinyurl.com/39wfrt 2008 Digital Future Project (USC)
- “Dedication + Knowledge = Success” http://tinyurl.com/5gn89a New ad campaign to counteract the anti-education messages in media.
- “Causism will replace consumerism” http://tinyurl.com/6fu3po Micro-trends for 2009 show that cause marketing will be more prominent.
- 68% of K-12 schools offer community service opp’tys http://tinyurl.com/5gy8ct Youth who volunteer now are more civic-minded as adults
- Free play fosters abstract thinking! http://tinyurl.com/5dclkw w/out it America’s youth will be at a disadvantage in the global economy
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KooDooZ